What makes Trident Pumps different?
At TPI, we have utilized our “patented” drive system and pump design to create a revolutionary light weight water pump that can outperform the competition in all aspects of firefighting, flood mitigation, mine dewatering, tailings pond aeration, just to name a few!
Current high volume water pumps like the one depicted, which weighs 8,000 lbs; utilize diesel engines because they create high torque at low rpm (they can’t spin much higher than 2,000 rpm). Models like this one can output 800 Lb. Ft. of torque at low RPM (2,000), but, these engines are very heavy and require reinforced skid frames. Also, most of these pumps have impeller bearing systems that have a maximum radial load (Push) of 7,600 lbs.
Our patented design utilizes a 110 lb. high rpm engine combined with a custom CVT system that converts the engines rpm into high torque (up to 1,313 lb. ft. when the engine spins at 8,000 rpm and impeller is spinning at 2,000 RPM). Our pump design allows us to push up to 80,000 lbs axially, which is up to 10 times more than other comparable diesel pumps. It is for this reason that we can use our 600 lb pump to over power friction loss and push water through our 4″ hose 4 times further than current fire trucks onboard pump systems can, as we have done infield multiple times!
Our engine is rated to last up to 15,000 hrs
• Built to handle 600 HP
• 329 ft. lbs. torque @ 8,700 rpm, with a max rpm of 13,200
• Our CVT multiplies the engine torque variably, giving us as much as 1,313 ft. lbs at the impeller
De-couples the engine from the pump, giving the system added protection from sudden pressure spikes, water hammer and accidental valve closure, which would destroy most pumps and engines that are directly coupled
Tier 4 Compliance and Trident Pumps
Tier 4 final compliance came into full effect on January 1st 2019 and as a result, Diesel engines become more expensive, with added exhaust regen, particulate filters and DEF, which cuts output power and increases fuel consumption.
Trident pumps utilize gas powered engines; have adjustable AFR, fuel pressure regulators, adjustable turbo waste gates, all of which combine to give you the ability to tune the engine for an optimum Stoichiometric ratio.
A brief overview of Trident Pumps.
Thanks to our patented design, Trident Pumps:
• Eliminate the destructive results of Water Hammer by De-Coupling the pump from the engine, which also prevents engine failure from sudden exerted loads
• Have the potential to decrease industry emissions involved with fluid pumping by as much as 75%
• The pump assembly is comprised of Hardened Steel Alloys, then nickel coated and hardened for durability, but can be rebuilt “infield”, which eliminates the need for 3rd party transport to manufacturer, saving the customer time and money
• Weigh 1/25th as much as its current competition
• Consume approximately 5 gph of regular pump gas, as opposed to 25 gph of Diesel for a comparable pump
The Trident Potential
After years of “Inhouse” design and testing, Trident Pump Inc. is now ready to launch in multiple industries!
• Military, for defence and protection at home and abroad
• Mining Industry
• Construction Industry
• Fire Fighting, rural and metro
Each Community Protection System Contains:
1 Trident pump mounted on OHV
• 1 portable hose deployer mounted on OHV
• Master spool containing 8,000 ft of 4” 400 psi lay-flat hose
• 40 – 1½” water thieves with quarter-turn cam lock and valve
• 20 – 120 GPM sprinklers with 240’ diameter coverage
• 2,000’ of 1½” handline and fire nozzles
• 36’ 5th wheel trailer
• On-board fuel tanks
• 628,000 Sq. ft. of portable sprinkler coverage per 20 water thieves/sprinklers operated intermittently
• 1,256,000 Sq. ft. of portable sprinkler coverage per 40 water thieves/sprinklers operated intermittently
• Equal to the coverage of 100 Structures
• Sets up in hours with a 4-man crew
below are a few comments
Over the past summer, Civeo had experienced forest fires that threatened one of its camps in Northern Alberta. Trident Pump Inc. worked with Civeo to mobilize its equipment and technology with almost no notice to site.
Trident Pump Inc. was able to efficiently mobilize and utilize its technology to pump water from the closest water source over 2 KM away to prevent the fires from harming the lodge.
We found Trident Pump Inc. staff to be very knowledgeable, professional and cooperative throughout the course of the situation in high stress times.
Overall I would classify Trident Pump Inc. work and their approach to be outstanding and look forward to working with them in any project they should be awarded in the future. We would recommend Trident Pump Inc. without hesitation.
This past May, our province battled the worst fire in our history when the Wood Buffalo wildfire displaced almost 90,000 Albertans from their homes and businesses. From the early hours of the emergency, through the months of rebuilding and recovery, the strength of our communities and people has exemplified the spirit of Alberta.
When our province faced the worst, you reached out to help those who needed it most.
The incredible work you did in such difficult conditions has not gone unnoticed.
It is my honor to present you with a commemorative medallion and an official certificate in recognition of your outstanding service. This medallion represents the extraordinary efforts of Albertans who stepped up during the wildfires and evacuation. Your courage, resilience, and compassion are nothing short of extraordinary. Please accept my deepest and sincerest thanks for going above and beyond in the face of this unprecedented natural disaster.
While there is still a lot of work ahead of us, with the support and inspiration from Albertans like you, we will make these communities home again.
Sincerely; Rachel Notley
On May 4th
, 2016, the Forestry Division put a number of high volume pumps into service as provincial assets. One of these pumps was a Younkers Welding Ltd. (YWL) patented water pump complete with hose deployment system and manpower. Once deployed on the Ft. McMurray fire, the YWL pump was used to flood and extinguish large
areas of deep ground fires in the deep organic soils in the fire area and also to fill water tenders as needed.
Operations staff responsible for working the deep ground fires were impressed with the speed in which YWL could set up, take down and move the pump to different areas of the fire. YWL’s system was able to deliver water in impressive volumes everywhere they were requested too.
The division is working with Younkers Welding Ltd. to schedule another demonstration in the spring of 2017. The purpose of the demonstration will be to determine the pumps’ effectiveness to supply water to 16 – 150 gpm sprinkler heads at long distances and large elevation changes.